House calls were once a mainstay of the medical profession. However, due in part to the ever–increasing cost of health care, the house calls have been replaced by doctors' offices, clinics and emergency rooms. The personal side of geriatric medicine often gets lost in today's health care environment.
Schuylkill Medical Associates is leading the movement of house call doctors that hopes to reverse this trend. We bring our physicians into the comfort and safety of your home once again and are dedicated to providing experienced care to the elderly and homebound. We provide chronic disease management, pain management, preventive care, end of life care, wound and incontinence care, and more. We strive to minimize and prevent emergency room visits and hospitalizations.
We are committed to becoming your primary care provider and committed to treating all aspects of your health within your own environment. SMA physicians believe in the dignity of each individual, and make it our goal to treat each patient with compassion and respect.
In The Press
- Garces Foundation Community Health Day Event - Facebook - April 2015
- Geriatric House Call Practice Welcomes New Hire Dr. Aliya Ali, MD - PRWeb - October 2013
- Charting a New Course - PhiladelphiaLife - August 2013
- Schuylkill Medical Associates Announces Partnership with NursePartners Home Care Services - PRWeb - August 2013
- A Better Kind of Care - Suburban Life - June 2013