Your First Visit
The initial visit is a comprehensive history and physical exam. It is important that the physician learn about your medical history and listen to all of your current medical needs and concerns. Be prepared to spend at least an hour with the doctor.
Here are some things that will help the first visit go smoothly
- Try to have a family member or spouse present to help provide a thorough medical history.
- Have your insurance card available.
- Have any hospital discharge papers ready to show the physician.
- Have all medication bottles and any over the counter medications/vitamins ready to show the physician.
- If you are seeing any specialists (such as a cardiologist, neurologist), please have those phone numbers available.
- Have the name and phone number of your previous family doctor available.
- If you have a living will or advanced directive, please make a copy for the physician.
- Wear comfortable loose clothing and be prepared for a comprehensive exam.
- Have any questions or concerns ready to share with the physician.
- Relax! We are looking forward to caring for you!